Lead Workshop Manager
Grow With a South Australian Company That is Growing!
Creative Systems is an actively expanding Commercial Furniture, Manufacturing and Installation Company with a wealth of expertise in all areas of commercial furniture projects. This includes projects in the commercial, government and industrial fields, across South Australia. Due to exponential growth, we are looking for an experienced and energetic customer focused Workshop Manager to join our busy team, based in Lonsdale with a plan to move to Mile End.
If you are dynamic, confident, hands on, quality focused and highly skilled in manufacturing and have a keen eye for detail - we are looking for you!
You will have an inherent ability to be helpful to both your teammates and customers alike and you will be the kind of person who takes the initiative to ensure that the workshop uses best practice methods and efficiently produces the highest quality products.
At Creative Systems our company culture is based on teamwork with the various divisions of the business working in unison to meet our customers objectives. This role is an extremely valued position where your thoughts and experience will be taken on board when making business decisions. There is also a strong focus on Health and Safety with a "no cutting corners" approach.
- Experience as a Workshop Supervisor (or similar role)
- Ability to be hands-on, proactive and lead effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and attention to detail with a strong planning and cost control focus
- Effective communication skills
- Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching
- Make suggestions for improvement as appropriate
- You must be able to work under pressure at times with a view to meeting deadlines
- Computer literate with a good understanding of MS Office
- You’ll need to understand workplace health & safety regulations
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures
- Experience using power and hand tools
- Maintain equipment
- Experience in stock control
- Packing and preparation for installations
- Based in Lonsdale with a view to moving to Mile End, however some on site work will be required (Company Vehicles)
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 15kg on a regular basis.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- MR or TR Truck License desirable but not essential
- Cabinet making, Carpentry or Fitter and Turner Experience highly desirable
- Experience using AutoCAD
Essential Licences & Clearances:
- A valid Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Current SA Drivers License
- Forklift License
- SAPOL Clearance
- Fully Vaccinated for COVID
- First aid
In return, we can offer the successful applicant a competitive remuneration package working for a South Australian company that is continually growing and offering exciting career advancement opportunities to its employees.
If this role matches your skills, experience, and ambition, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org